Protecting critical business data
Quorum are a Gold Data Platform and Gold Data Analytics Microsoft Partner. We offer a range of database consulting services on your SQL Server or Cloud Data Platform. These include:
SQL Server Architecture, Consolidation and Migration
Consolidating SQL Server workloads can deliver huge benefits in terms of performance, scalability, and TCO if planned and architected correctly. Quorum have experience of designing a wider range of solutions from single servers up to large enterprise level SQL Server environments, and managing all stages of the project from architecture to build and migration. Stages of a project would include:
- Identification of business requirements for the project, in particular goals for performance, business continuity and testing plans;
- Initial performance benchmarking of the current estate. Often this will start with a full SQL Server health check across the entire estate to establish current performance, identify quick wins and ensure that all current configuration is fully documented;
- Design of new environment to deliver the desired performance and business continuity outcomes, and taking into account the full
- TCO of the solution including licensing and hardware costs. Often significant savings can be made at this stage of the project by specifying high performance hardware to reduce the costs of SQL licensing;
- Migration and testing plan, taking into account of available maintenance windows and the amount of downtime which is acceptable to the business;
- Go-live process and ongoing support.
SQL Server Health Check
Many companies have issues with the performance of their applications, and often this is due to underlying database performance issues. In many cases these issues can be fixed by better database configuration, index management and tuning without having to incur additional capital costs on hardware and licensing. Our comprehensive health check service includes:
SQL Server configuration review;
Review of indexing, including missing and unused indexes;
- Performance monitoring to identify workload patterns and underlying hardware / network issues;
- Review of underlying hardware / virtualisation configuration;
- Licensing review;
- Review of key SQL Server statistics to identify bottlenecks.
- The output of this review is a report with a list of quick wins, together with medium (tactical) and longer term (strategic) recommendations to improve the performance of your critical business database systems.
Cloud Data Platform Solutions
There are a range of cloud data platform solutions including SQL Server Databases and Managed Instances within Azure, which can deliver high performing and scalable solutions which support existing SQL Server based applications. CosmosDB is also available (for projects based on NoSQL approaches) which provides a globally scalable extremely low latency NoSQL database platform with interfaces supporting MongoDB, Gremlin and Cassandra.
Quorum can help analyse your existing on-premise workloads and provide advice and migration consulting to help you move your workloads to the Public Cloud.
Quorum also provide a range of outsourced DBA services to help support, maintain and optimise your database platform on an ongoing basis.
Quorum are a Gold Data Platform and Gold Data Analytics Microsoft Partner. We offer a range of database consulting services on your SQL Server or Cloud Data Platform
AWARDS & RECOGNITION