We are one of the largest Microsoft Gold Partner in Scotland and a Microsoft Direct Cloud Solutions Provider. We are currently looking for a self-driven, highly motivated SQL Server DBA to join our team on a permanent basis.
From DBA support through to database consultancy and new systems architecture, the role promises a varied and interesting exposure to a broad range of database technologies including on premise SQL Server and Azure database services. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in new technology, be passionate about delivering unrivalled customer service, an efficient problem solver, and be self-motivated.
You will be joining our team at a very exciting time where you will be provided with ongoing support, training, and development to allow you to develop your skills and grow the career you really want. Our team are talented, dynamic, and committed professionals and we would love to hear from you if you are passionate about innovative technology solutions.
The role of a SQL Server DBA:
- Managed Service responsibilities.
- Supporting our managed service client’s database solutions (mainly based on SQL Server) as part of our DBA team, ensuring high levels of availability, and performance.
- Performing advanced troubleshooting with may also include working together with Microsoft and other vendors.
- Data project working including:
- Designing and building new SQL Server environments for high performance, availability and scalability.
- Design and build of modern data environments within Microsoft Azure.
- Carrying out SQL Server performance reviews and tuning work at both small and very large scales.
- Upgrade / consolidation / migration projects.
- ETL project work including SSIS and Azure Data Factory.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience as a SQL Server DBA or similar role supporting production SQL Server instances.
- Experience with design, build and configuration of SQL Server.
- Experience with Windows Server / Server hardware.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) of database systems.
- Experience with database design and optimisation of SQL queries.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Experience of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
It would also be beneficial if you had any of the following:
- Experience of Azure database technologies such as Azure SQL DB, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Analysis Services or have a desire and willingness to be upskilled in these technologies.
- Knowledge of other relational DBMS platform (e.g., MySQL, Postgres, Oracle).
- Experience of a wider Azure infrastructure.
- Experience in DevOps or previous experience working within an IT Managed Services provider with multiple clients.
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Data Warehouse technologies / Power BI
- It would be desirable if you had an MCSE: Data Management or relevant Azure certifications.
Quorum is an Employee-Owned company providing IT managed services, projects, and professional services to a diverse range of clients from enterprise scale clients to small/medium business within both the private and public sectors.
We offer highly competitive salaries with an excellent benefits package including contributory Pension, Private Health Care, the ability to buy and sell holidays, as well as paying for your home broadband, excellent training, and development opportunities with the ability to earn annual bonus on Microsoft Accreditations, and an annual personal technical budget to ensure you stay up to date with the latest technologies.
Still not convinced? – We encourage personal development and have a highly collaborative working culture with high levels of employee retention. We have won awards for our Family Friendly Working and pride ourselves on our ability to manage employees individual needs to make work-life fit around personal life. We believe our culture is our strength and want to work with likeminded individuals who love technology as much as we do.
Are you are interested in this role?
Please note we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies and only work with agencies who are on our PSL.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION