Workplace and the end of life of Windows 7
Support for Windows 7 is nearing the end, what does end of support mean for your business?
When Windows 7 reaches end of support Microsoft will no longer provide technical support, software & security updates or fixes. Without continued software and security updates, it will be at greater risk for viruses and malware.
Although it is possible to secure extended support for security patching through a commercial agreement with Microsoft, this is not an optimal solution and will only provide security patching and support for a further 3 years.
With time being short before Windows 7 goes end-of-life, Quorum can help accelerate your move from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Once there, we help you with an understanding of the Evergreen eco system you will need to adopt when you implement Windows 10.
“Windows 10 offers fast performance, better security, improved file management, responsive Internet browsing and integration with Office 365.”
The modern workplace, of which Microsoft’s Windows 10 is a key component, can also be deployed along-side mobile devices such as iOS and Android handsets to provide the user with the environment that we recognise as the modern workplace.
The modern digital workplace reflects the way today’s knowledge worker lives and works. The workplace is an environment in which the user expects to work anywhere, work anytime and to work from any device. Information Technology needs to enable the scenarios that allow the users to work in this way yet keeping their data and their devices secure whilst enabling productivity either in or out of an office. The modern workplace provides your user community with the necessary tools to collaborate and work efficiently.
At Quorum we can bring our experience and expertise to your organisation working through the following project phases:
- Planning and Analysis (P&A) to determine at what stage your organisation is in replacing your Windows 7 legacy desktop.
- Work with you to define a scope of work depending on the outcome of P&A.
- Work with your key stakeholders to develop a road map to achieve the desired programme outcome.
- Produce high level and detailed designs and processes to replace your Windows 7 compute.
- Assess and work with the management tools you have or need.
- Package your applications and confirm suitability for Windows 10.
- Establish a suitable testing environment, inclusive of packaged LoB applications and your new Windows 10 build.
- Work with you on the desktop / laptop deployment processes and supporting management systems.
- Support your environment with processes and people we use as part of our managed services offering. *
* depending on organisational size and suitability.
Contact us today so we can help you on your journey from Windows 7 to Windows 10.